Select the 3 days/2 overnights package and experience a unique travel through history that Meteora offer to their visitors. In this unique geological formation where monks have been resorted in order to pray, to find peace and solitude away from the mundane human and divine creation meet and they are offering visitors an unparalleled experience of life. Your trip starts from the central Railway station of Athens “Stathmos Larisis”. At 07.15AM the train that leads to Kalampaka departs from Athens; therefore you must be at least half an hour earlier to the station in order to complete the boarding procedure. You will arrive at kalampaka’s train station at 11.30AM and one of our partners will be there to welcome and drive you to your accomondation. Later our partners will pick you up and the Breathtaking Sunset Meteora Tour, an amazing tour experience, will commence. For the next day you can choose between either the Midnoon but fantastic Meteora Tour or the Hiking in Meteora tour. During 3rd day you have free time to spend in city of Kalabaka, until 16.45PM, time we will drive you back to the train station for the return journey.
In case you want to book for more days, please contact our office.
Due to the current and worldwide status of the recent COVID-19, the monastic community and, thus, the Monasteries of the Meteora region will stop the provision of skirts and shawls to the visitors. Therefore, all visitors are required to be dressed accordingly: Men are prohibited to wear any sleeveless shirts and shorts above the knee; Ladies are prohibited to wear any skirts above the knee and sleeveless shirts. All previous clothing will automatically deny any visitor’s entry to the monasteries.
3 days/2 overnights
- Pick up and drop off service.
- Round trip train ticket from/to Athens is issued on economy class. Upon request A class tickets can be provided at on additional cost.
- 3-star hotel accomodation, breakfast included. Upon request there is an option for a 4-star hotel with extra cost.
- Choose second day tour.
- Engish speaking tour leader. Tour leaders can be provided to other languages too at an extra fee.
- Free bottle of water is being provided during the tour.
- Free wi-fi on board.
- All taxes and services are being included.
- Pick up and drop off services from your accomondation in Athens.
- Monastery entrance fees which are 3€
- Byzantine church entrance fee which is 2€
- Certified guide to escort you in the monastery
- Gratuities (optional)
- Meals or snacks
- Travel insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
You must be half an hour earlier to train station of either Thessaloniki or Athens where you will follow an onboard procedure. You must have your tickets printed, we will send them to you via email at the time you will make your reservation, because it is possible for you to have a hard time in case you present them to the ticker inspector in an electronic form. Also, for those that they did not upgrade their tickets to A class, you have to find your seats through a procedure that you will be assisted by train-stewards.
Will be any partner of us to the train station:
Either you will board in Athens or Thessaloniki there will not be any of us at the train station. On the contrary at Kalampaka’s train station you will meet one of our partners who will be holding a signboard with our company name written on it, in the parking area of train station.
Train trip privileges:
By train you will have a very comfortable and safe trip through amazing Greek countryside. In train you will find also a cafeteria where you can buy food or something to drink.
Why A class seat:
For those who want a more comfortable and quiter trip, A class is what they need, since it is a six seat private room. If you will choose the first class add-on and A class will not be available due to train seats availability, we will book you on economy class and you will refunded the add-on by us the time you reach Kalampaka.
Canceled, delayed train:
If your train has been delayed or cancelled we have no responsibility. Train operator and Meteora Rocks are two different companies.
- Free cancellation within at least 10 days of departure.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 24 hours of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused vouchers are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
- Cancellation received more than 30 calendar days before the tour, it will incur a penalty equal the train tickets..