Well-known for the beauty of the landscapes, Greece is becoming lately famous and for the amazing sunsets which are among the most photographed around the world. Βy choοsing the breath-taking Meteora sunset tour you are becoming a part of those people who will be able to live the experience of the famous sunset on the top of the rocks. Allow the last rays of the sun to reveal to you images of unparalleled beauty. Visit the Byzantine Chucrh which has been dedicated to the Dormition of the Mother of God for which you can read more informations about it here. You will be guided by our high qualified partnes who will lead you to a unique trip to steep backdrop of Meteora.
Due to thecurrent and worldwide status of the recent COVID-19, the monastic communityand, thus, the Monasteries of the Meteora region will stop the provision ofskirts and shawls to the visitors. Therefore, all visitors are required to bedressed accordingly: Men are prohibited to wear any sleeveless shirt, andshorts above the knee; Ladies are prohibited to wear any skirts above the knee.All previous clothing will deny any visitor’s entry to the monasteries.
- Pick up and drop off service.
- See all 6 monasteries. Visit one of them.
- Visit to the restored monastery of Bandova.
- Photo stop at imposing points of Meteora.
- Engish speaking tour leader. Tour leaders can be provided to other languages too at an extra fee.
- Free bottle of water is being provided during the tour.
- Free wi-fi on board.
- All taxes and services are included.
- Monastery entrance fees which are 3€
- Certified guide to escort you in the monastery (provided uppon request)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Byzantine church entrance fees which is 2€
Frequently Asked Questions
Pick up and drop off service:
Τhis service is been provided by our office wherever in Kalampaka but in case your accomodation has been arranged somewhere else such as Trikala then you need to come to our office in Kalampaka (Ioanninon 8) at the scheduled time so you can participate the tour you have chosen. Also by airbnb provided upon request
Which monasteries interior we are visiting:
On this particular tour we will visit Holy Monastery of St Stephanos, except Monday that the monastery remains closed and we will visit Holy Monastery of Santa Barbara Roussanou, and the byzantine church of the Dormition of Virgin Mary.
In case it rains:
This tour keeps running regardless of the weather. It stops only under of extreme weather conditions such as heavy snowfall and in that case our office is giving you the option either to pick another tour which will not be affected by weather or you can have this tour next day if the weather allows or you can be refunded the total amount of money.
Τhe starting hour of each tours is been written either on the vouchers you will receive by us to your email or you can check it in our website. It might be a delay of 5-10 minutes to the pick-up hour but this depends on the number of the pickups. Please be ready 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
We are recommending to make the reservation for the tour you are interested in at least one week in advance in order to have more chances of finding available seats. Although you can have a last minute booking just keep in your mind that maybe we will not have any more seats available.
- Free cancellation within at least 10 days of departure.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 24 hours of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused vouchers are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.