On this Midnoon but fantastic Meteora Tour weaking up early is not a need. So after having your breakfast and enjoying you coffee one of our partners will be at your accomondation at 12.00 in the noon in order to pick you up and drives you to the amazing landscape of Meteora, a unique UNESCO’s monumet.
Take a 4-hour tour in a luxurious minivan from your accommodation in Kalabaka or Kastraki. Drive with a small group and enjoy the fantastic scenery of Meteora, these extraordinary geological formations standing above the largest plain valley of Greece. See the monasteries hanging over the cliffs and listen to a full history story-telling from your specialized tour leader.
See all six remaining monasteries and visit 3 monasteries so you can admire the impressive architecture and meet some of the monks or nuns. The driver will wait for you and then take you to special spots where you can take memorable photos with a magnificent background as the Game of Thrones scenery. At the end of the tour,we will drive you back to your accommodation or toKalabaka’s center, if you wish to continue your day there.
- Pick up and drop off service.
- In tour you will be able to visit 3 monasteries inside, but you will see all 6 of them.
- Photo stop at imposing points of Meteora.
- Engish speaking tour leader. Tour leaders can be provided to other languages too at an extra fee.
- Free bottle of water is being provided during the tour.
- Free wi-fi on board.
- All taxes and services are included..
It does not include
- Monastery entrance fee which are 3€.
- Gratuities (optional)
Frequently Asked Questions
Pick up and drop off service:
Τhis service is been provided by our office wherever in Kalampaka or Kastraki (only from hotels) but in case your accomodation has been arranged somewhere else such as Trikala then you need to come to our office in Kalampaka (Ioanninon 8) at the scheduled time so you can participate the tour you have chosen.
Which monasteries interior we are visiting:
By picking this tour you will be able to see all six monasteries and visit three of them. Usually we are visiting Great Meteoron, Varlaam and St Stephanos but this changes due to their working days and hours. You can see the working hours of each monastery here.
In case it rains:
This tour keeps running regardless of the weather. It stops only under of extreme weather conditions such as heavy snowfall and in that case our office is giving you the option either to pick another tour which will not be affected by weather or you can have this tour next day if the weather allows or you can be refunded the total amount of money.
Τhe starting hour of each tours is been written either on the vouchers you will receive by us to your email or you can check it in our website. It might be a delay of 5-10 minutes to the pick-up hour but this depends on the number of the pickups. Please be ready 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
We are recommending to make the reservation for the tour you are interested in at least one week in advance in order to have more chances of finding available seats. Although you can have a last minute booking just keep in your mind that maybe we will not have any more seats available.
- Free cancellation within at least 10 days of departure.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 24 hours of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused vouchers are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.