Meteora, one of the most exciting sights of the UNESCO list known for its uniqueness and the beauty of the landscape, offers to the visitor an unforgettable lifetime experience. Take a tour at the greater area and discover places and traditions that will excite you. Try the local cuisine, which through flavors derived either from traditional Greek cuisine or from current trends, it is sure that will amaze your palate. Look for the small wineries of the region and taste the unique quality wines which have conquered the world markets. With countless activities the surrounding area definitely needs more than one days to be discovered, so therefore our agency offers you excursions with 1 or more overnights for which you can see further information below.
The 2 days from Athens tour starts from the central Railway station of Athens aka Stathmos Larissis. At 07.20AM in the morning the train which have Kalampaka as destination departs from Athens so you must be at least half an hour earlier there so you can complete ontime the boarding procedure. You will arrive to Kalampaka’s train station in 11.30 and one of our partners will be there to welcomes you and drive you to your accomondation. Later at 16.15 our partner will come to pick you up by your hotel and the Breathtaking Sunset Meteora Tour, an amazing tour experience, is going to begin. When your tour will come to its end, about 20.30 in the afternoon, we will lead you to your hotel.The next day you can choose one of the Midnoon but fantastic Meteora Tour or Hiking in Meteora tour which are included in the 2 days/1 overnight package. Later and when your chosen activity will be completed we will drive you back to Kalampaka where you will have time to spent under the shadow of the giant rocks. Later at 16.45 one of our partners will drive you back to Kalampaka’s trainstation to catch the train that will lead you back to Athens.
Due to thecurrent and worldwide status of the recent COVID-19, the monastic communityand, thus, the Monasteries of the Meteora region will stop the provision ofskirts and shawls to the visitors. Therefore, all visitors are required to bedressed accordingly: Men are prohibited to wear any sleeveless shirt, andshorts above the knee; Ladies are prohibited to wear any skirts above the knee.All previous clothing will deny any visitor’s entry to the monasteries.
- Pick up and drop off service.
- Round trip train ticket from/to Athens is issued on economy class. After demand A class tickets can be provided at on additional cost.
- 3-star hotel accomodation, breakfast included. Upon request there is an option for a 4-star hotel with extra cost.
- Choose second day tour.
- Engish speaking tour leader. Tour leaders can be provided to other languages too at an extra fee.
- Free bottle of water is being provided during the tour.
- Free wi-fi on board.
- All taxes and services are being included.
- Pick up and drop off services from your accomondation in Athens.
- Monastery entrance fees which are 3€
- Certified guide to escort you in the monastery
- Gratuities (optional)
- Meals or snacks
- Travel insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
You must be half an hour earlier to train station of either Thessaloniki or Athens where you will follow an onboard procedure. You must have your tickets printed, we will send them to you via email at the time you will make your reservation, because it is possible for you to have a hard time in case you present them to the ticker inspector in an electronic form. Also, for those that they did not upgrade their tickets to A class, you have to find your seats through a procedure that you will be assisted by train-stewards.
Will be any partner of us to the train station:
Either you will board in Athens or Thessaloniki there will not be any of us at the train station. On the contrary at Kalampaka’s train station you will meet one of our partners who will be holding a signboard with our company name written on it, in the parking area of train station.
Train trip privileges:
By train you will have a very comfortable and safe trip through amazing Greek countryside. In train you will find also a cafeteria where you can buy food or something to drink.
Why A class seat:
For those who want a more comfortable and quiter trip, A class is what they need, since it is a six seat private room. If you will choose the first class add-on and A class will not be available due to train seats availability, we will book you on economy class and you will refunded the add-on by us the time you reach Kalampaka.
Canceled, delayed train:
If your train has been delayed or cancelled we have no responsibility. Train operator and Meteora Rocks are two different companies.
- Free cancellation within at least 10 days of departure.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 24 hours of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused vouchers are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
- Cancellation received more than 30 calendar days before the tour, it will incur a penalty equal the train tickets.