Begining of your journey is the Central Railway Station of Thessaloniki and you can click here for more information about how to approach it. Train departs at 08.18 in the morning and you will be surprized of the uniquess of the landscape which alternating between sea and mountains. You should be there half an hour earlier so you can complete the boarding procedure. Route crosses by the roots of the mythical Mt Olympus, where in ancient time supposed to be the residence of the 12 Gods, and leads you to Paleofarsalo train station which from the greater area of, the ancient tribe of Mirmidones were originated, legendary ancient warriors who had mythical Achileus as leader and they played an important role in the outcome of the Trojan War. At Paleofarsalo train station you will get off the train and you will board to another one which has Kalampaka as destination. In Kalampaka you will arrive at 11.30 approximately where one of our partners will be there to welcomes you and start the tour.
During tour you are going to see all six remaining monasteries and you will be able to visit inside 3 of them. At 16.00 you will be driven back to Kalabaka where you will have free time to spent under the shadow of giant rocks. The trainstation is not more than 5 minutes walking from where we are going to drop you off so after We will tell you how to approach trainstation you must be there not later than 17.00 in order to catch the train back to Thessaloniki. In Paleofarsalo train station you must follow the switch train procedure.
Due to thecurrent and worldwide status of the recent COVID-19, the monastic communityand, thus, the Monasteries of the Meteora region will stop the provision ofskirts and shawls to the visitors. Therefore, all visitors are required to bedressed accordingly: Men are prohibited to wear any sleeveless shirt, andshorts above the knee; Ladies are prohibited to wear any skirts above the knee.All previous clothing will deny any visitor’s entry to the monasteries.
- Round-trip ticket on the route Athens-Kalampaka. First class ticket can be provided upon request and extra cost.
- Photo stop at imposing points of Meteora.
- In tour you will be able to visit the interrior of 3 monasteries, but you are going to see all 6 of them.
- Engish speaking tour leader. Tour leaders can be provided to other languages too at an extra fee.
- Free bottle of water is being provided during the tour.
- Free wi-fi on board.
- All taxes and services are included .
- Pick up and drop off services from your accomondation in Thessaloniki.
- Monastery entrance fees which are 3€
- Certified guide to escort you in the monastery
- Gratuities (optional)
- Meals or snacks
- Travel insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
You must be half an hour earlier to train station of either Thessaloniki or Athens where you will follow an onboard procedure. You must have your tickets printed, we will send them to you via email at the time you will make your reservation, because it is possible for you to have a hard time in case you present them to the ticker inspector in an electronic form. Also, for those that they did not upgrade their tickets to A class, you have to find your seats through a procedure that you will be assisted by train-stewards.
Will be any partner of us to the train station:
Either you will board in Athens or Thessaloniki there will not be any of us at the train station. On the contrary at Kalampaka’s train station you will meet one of our partners who will be holding a signboard with our company name written on it, in the parking area of train station.
Train trip privileges:
By train you will have a very comfortable and safe trip through amazing Greek countryside. In train you will find also a cafeteria where you can buy food or something to drink.
Why A class seat:
For those who want a more comfortable and quiter trip, A class is what they need, since it is a six seat private room. If you will choose the first class add-on and A class will not be available due to train seats availability, we will book you on economy class and you will refunded the add-on by us the time you reach Kalampaka.
Canceled, delayed train:
If your train has been delayed or cancelled we have no responsibility. Train operator and Meteora Rocks are two different companies.
- Free cancellation within at least 10 days of departure.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 24 hours of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused vouchers are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
- Cancellation received more than 30 calendar days before the tour, it will incur a penalty equal the train tickets.