By choosing this 1 day from Athens by train tour get ready to live a lifetime experience by choosing this trip, which starts from the central railway station of Athens “Stathmos Larissis” and you will find how to get there by clicking here.
Train is departing from Athens central station aka “Stathmos Larissis” at 07.20AM, and because you have to follow an onboard procedure you must be at least half an hour earlier to the train station. While the journey starts indulge in the unique routes that Greek countryside provides and discover a mosaic of unique beauty, biodiversity and enormous ecological value. At 11.30 you will reach your destination the railway station of Kalampaka, where one of our partners will welcome you and your tour to the amazing world of Meteora will start. During tour you are going to see all six remaining monasteries and you will be able to visit inside three of them in order to admire their architecture and the unparalleled beauty of the paintings and frescoes. At 16.00 you will be driven back to Kalabaka where you will have free time to spent under the shadow of giant rocks. The trainstation is not more than 5 minutes walking from where we are going to drop you off so after We will tell you how to approach trainstation you must be there not later than 17.00 in order to catch the train back to Athens
- Round-trip ticket on the route Athens-Kalampaka. First class ticket can be provided upon request and extra cost.
- Photo stop at imposing points of Meteora.
- In tour you will be able to visit 3 monasteries, but you will see all 6 of them.
- Engish speaking tour leader. Tour leaders can be provided to other languages too at an extra fee.
- Free bottle of water is being provided during the tour.
- Free wi-fi on board.
- All taxes and services are included .
- Pick up and drop off services from your accomondation in Athens.
- Monastery entrance fees which are 3€
- Certified guide to escort you in the monastery
- Gratuities (optional)
- Meals or snacks
- Travel insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
You must be half an hour earlier to train station of either Thessaloniki or Athens where you will follow an onboard procedure. You must have your tickets printed, we will send them to you via email at the time you will make your reservation, because it is possible for you to have a hard time in case you present them to the ticker inspector in an electronic form. Also, for those that they did not upgrade their tickets to A class, you have to find your seats through a procedure that you will be assisted by train-stewards.
Will be any partner of us to the train station:
Either you will board in Athens or Thessaloniki there will not be any of us at the train station. On the contrary at Kalampaka’s train station you will meet one of our partners who will be holding a signboard with our company name written on it, in the parking area of train station.
Train trip privileges:
By train you will have a very comfortable and safe trip through amazing Greek countryside. In train you will find also a cafeteria where you can buy food or something to drink.
Why A class seat:
For those who want a more comfortable and quiter trip, A class is what they need, since it is a six seat private room. If you will choose the first class add-on and A class will not be available due to train seats availability, we will book you on economy class and you will refunded the add-on by us the time you reach Kalampaka.
Canceled, delayed train:
If your train has been delayed or cancelled we have no responsibility. Train operator and Meteora Rocks are two different companies.
- Free cancellation within at least 10 days of departure.
- Cancellations received within 5 days of departure will incur a penalty of 50% per person.
- Cancellations received within 24 hours of departure will incur a penalty of 100% per person.
- Unused vouchers are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
- Cancellation received more than 30 calendar days before the tour, it will incur a penalty equal the train tickets.